Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Beginning

A little over a month ago, Tim and I got engaged. We have our venue booked, a beautiful southern plantation up in northern Maryland near Gettysburg. When we saw the cost of the venue, we nearly had a heart attack, but it was too late, we had already fallen in love with the location. We were going to have to use nearly all of the budget allotted us from my parents on the venue, so everything else we'd have to pay for ourselves.

Here's where the art of DIY comes in. I've always loved doing crafts, so my wedding seemed like the perfect opportunity to make some beautiful and unique things. I'm determined that our wedding will be gorgeous and personal. We're getting married next fall, so all of the projects we're planning have a distinct fall theme to go along with that. We're taking our colors from fall leaves and at the moment I have a box in my living room full of wine, gold, eggplant, rust, and brown ribbons ready for crafting.

I'm a little overwhelmed just not at the amount that has to be done, despite the time we have to do it in. I'm also working on handmade Christmas gifts for my family and fiance as well as starting a new job. Right now I'm convinced that no bride is complete without a wedding planning binder full of pockets for all the samples you get and make, as well as a notebook or loose leaf paper so that you can write down every single detail that pops into your head. I guarantee that the second you stop thinking about it, when something else comes up, there's a decent chance you will forget.

I'm so excited to share our wedding and all of the personal touches we come up with and make ourselves over the course of the next 12 months. 375 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment