Saturday, November 6, 2010

Disaster

So I took the dish holding the preserved leaves off to have a look at them yesterday and, well, I'm not sure what I did wrong, but they look horrible. They are soft and supple now, but  instead of the bright fall colors I was hoping for, they're covered in horrible brown spots. Not the ideal for a beautiful centerpiece. I think silk leaves might be the only option.

We could also do a centerpiece with only candles. There are so many beautiful and inspirational photos out there. Right now I'm considering just a vase with a floating candle and maybe some flowers or fall leaves (not preserved, but gathered closer to the wedding day perhaps?) in the bottom of the vases.

In any case, I'm right back at the very beginning, but one option I hadn't considered and just read about, is potted mums. They are easy to find this time of year, and I can hide the pot in some pretty tulle and dress it up with ribbon. I can surround the table with tealights which will lend the romantic look I was hoping for, and it would be a very green option. I like the idea of pumpkin or apple cinnamon scented tealights to add something special to the wedding. While I'm not too thrilled about the situation, and may try my hand at preserving the leaves again, it is good to have another option to run by Tim!

No comments:

Post a Comment